- a first B.Sc./ academic degree (3 to 4 year course / with 180 CP or equivalent) in physics or mathematics or another appropriately related field of studies which includes a substantial portion of advanced physics and mathematics (in these cases a GRE subject test might be required by the admission board)
- thereof at least 90 CP in physics
- a valid proof of your competence in the English language at a level of C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (e.g. TOEFL test result minimum score of 95 iBT, IELTS test result Bd. 7.0 etc.). Applicants who obtained their university entrance qualification or prior academic degree in the English language may provide this proof by presenting their respective degree certificate (English as medium of instruction to be confirmed by a notice on your degree certificate / transcript of records) or by presenting a separate confirmation letter from their university.
- a valid proof of your competence in the German language at a level of A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Applicants who obtained their university entrance qualification or prior academic degree in the German language may provide this proof by presenting a respective document/certificate.
- a Letter of Motivation (max. 1 page) stating reasons why you have chosen to study the M.Sc. Environmental Physics.
In addition, we ask for your curriculum vitae (CV in tabular form) and your school leaving certificate. For more detailed information see the links on the right hand side.
PEP self test
Students who want to start their studies in our master program need a good background knowledge (at university level) in physics and mathematics. It is expected that applicants have an understanding of atomic and molecular quantum physics, practical knowledge of calculus and linear algebra, and an understanding of vector analysis and matrix algebra with eigenvalues. Please check our admission requirements and try our quick self self_test [411 KB] for a short self-assessment.