You are here: Start » FAQs


If I do not have a Bachelor’s Degree in Physics may I still apply with a Bachelor’s degree in a related science?

The PEP Master programme requires a firm base in physics and mathematics at a university level. It is expected that applicants have an understanding of atomic and molecular quantum physics, practical knowledge of calculus and linear algebra, and an understanding of vector analysis and matrix algebra with eigenvalues. Please check our admission requirements and see our brief "self-test [411 KB] " to learn if you meet these standards. If you feel that you meet these standards, your application is welcome! While not strictly required, applications including a GRE General Test or Subject Test in physics, chemistry, or mathematics will be given priority over those without. If you still have questions related to your specific case, do not hesitate to contact us for further information.

Do I need to have German language skills?

We ask for German language skills at a level of A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The respective proof must be submitted with the application.

Where may I take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)?

This depends on where you currently reside, please see and for more information.

Do I have to pay tuition fees at the University of Bremen?

There is no “tuition fee” associated with studying at the University of Bremen. There is, however, a semester fee (see next chapter).

Do I have to pay semester fees at the University of Bremen?

Yes, students have to pay a semester fee (twice a year). This fee includes special transportation (providing a regional public transportation ticket to the student) and also University administration fees. At present, students have to pay this amount (scroll down to semester contribution).

Cost of living in Bremen

Please check our university’s webpage on cost of living.